Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fiskateer Camp Crop- Only 2 more days!!!!




We are heading down the home stretch to Camp Crop. The excitement is at a high pitch!
The names tags are done, the candy ( a must for a crop ) is ready, packing is starting and we are sure that it is going to be a super duper crop. We have so many items for auction! I am elated that we can possibly beat last year's total for the amount donated to the Lupus Foundation of America.
There will be photo ops. Here are a couple more sneak peeks at auction items. A scrapbook that is already done and a dollform, Fiska-kissed!
The reason that this cause is near and dear to my heart is the death of my brother in law, Jarrell Bledsoe. He was one of the kindest, giving and compassionate people I have ever had the honor of knowing. He died from complications of Lupus almost 3 years ago.
I cannot help him, but I think he would be proud that I have chosen this cause. I hope to raise awareness and money that could possibly help find a cure for this terrible disease.
We can have a fun event and still do something that REALLY matters!

10 comments:

Patty Williams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patty Williams said...

Oh Maxine, you all are going to have so much fun and raise lots of money for your cause !

I so wanted to be and hoped to be there this year. Things just didn't work out my way !

Hugs to all of you !

patty 2832

Stephanie said...

I have no idea what one would do with a doll form, but that orange is so pretty and Fiskateery! :)

Lisa's Scrap Site said...

WOW,CAN'T BELEIVE HOW FAST TIME FLIES,I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME,(I'M SURE YOU WILL)
I'M SURE YOUR BROTHER-IN-LAW IS PROUD OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING FOR THE LUPUS FOUNDATION.I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES.
LISA #5095

Unknown said...

Everything looks amazing Maxine!!!! I wish you the best of luck with the crop!!!!

TracyM #6773 said...

More great goodies Maxine, you are sure to make more to donate to Lupus this year!!!
Wishing you heaps of luck for a fun crop and successful auction :)
TracyM #6773 (pls don't include me in your RAK)

Unknown said...

Wish I could come Maxine!! I hope you all have fun fun fun!!

Kelly Sas said...

The FiskaKissed Doll Form is just beautiful Maxine! I so wish I lived even in your state so I could come. Just make sure to enjoy yourself!

Kelly
#6558

weze said...

looks like it will be an awesome time at your Lupus crop and I only wish I could be there but knowing you..........I'm sure everyone will have the most fantastic time!

Viji Siddharth said...

I hope you raised lots of money for the cause! the effort you put is amazing