Sunday, April 5, 2009

We turned Barboursville orange

We had a wonderful time at our crop yesterday. Rebecca Peck, lead fiskateer, and such a wonderful, funny person was our guest host. I could not thank her enough for coming here to Barboursville on this special day.
We had so many fiskateers and encourage them to wear orange. That orange glow that the space station probaly reported was us.
Many thanks to everyone who helped. They are so many of my special friends who helped me make this event a success. I love you guys- Sue, Mary,Gail, Laura and Suzie.
We cropped, laughed, ate, and had wonderful surprises. Groovy Deb and Sweepnut,Denise surprised me by registering under other names. YEAH! They came all the way from Richmond. Mardi, whom I dearly love, came from Michigan and a new frien, Sherri came from Ohio. Old friendships were renewed and new friendships formed.
This was our 2nd annual charity crop for the National Lupus Foundation. the crop fee and the auction will allow us to donate around $2,000.00 in honor Jarrell Bledsoe, my brother in law, who died in Oct, 2007. Mary was such a great auctionner and everyone was so generous.
What fun!
We had an orangest contest. Many took this very serious and you will see by the photo. Sue, super fiskateer won,but so many others had fun participating. Many thanks to Robin, Melissa, Laura and Suzie who all put much effort into this fun contest.
I will blog more about this later, but thank you to all of you that came or helped in any way. I had a BLAST!

11 comments:

Meg said...

Sounds like a great day! Can't wait to see all the pictures :)

rayasunshine said...

Looks like toooo much fun!!!!

Sondra said...

wtg on a super good outcome for a great cause!

Mardi said...

I love you too Maxine! This is a crop I will never forget!! I had so much fun seeing old friends and making more! BTW, we stopped at Hillbilly Hotdogs, what a hoot! Thank you again for your generous hospitality!!!! Looking forward to many, many more!

doverdi said...

I so wish that I lived close enough so that I could stalk these events. I'm "orange" with envy!

Viji Siddharth said...

Wow what fun day!
Viji#5858

Barb - Fiskateer #2975 said...

I love that they registered under fake names to surprise you! Way to go gals! ;)

Unknown said...

I am telling you, I will GO ORANGE with my hair for Fiskars! LOL

D's Paper Studio said...

I loved the auction on the video. That was cool.

Niki Ray's Book Blog said...

Great Job Maxine Looks like alot of fun and for a great cause!! XoXo Niki_ Ray

Groovy Deborah said...

Maxine I loved meeting you and the look on your face was SO worth the 7 hour trip, lol!!! See ya next year!

Deborah♥